The Airtec 150 Diesel intercooler upgrade for the Seat Leon Mk1 150PD uses our very popular Cupra R Intercooler which is capable of 400bhp, the kit comes complete with full alloy boost pipe kit, custom made silicon hoses and coolant Rad pack brackets that secure the radiator and Air-con radiator in place 'the standard intercooler secure these in place as standard'
For that complete Front mount intercooler look and with added BHP.
Airtec Part No:ATINTVAG9
Airtec Part No: ATINTVAG9
From £649.95 (inc VAT)
£541.63 (exc VAT)
The Airtec 150 Diesel intercooler upgrade for the Seat Leon Mk1 150PD uses our very popular Cupra R Intercooler which is capable of 400bhp, the kit comes complete with full alloy boost pipe kit, custom made silicon hoses and coolant Rad pack brackets that secure the radiator and Air-con radiator in place ‘the standard intercooler secure these in place as standard’
Seat Leon 150 Diesel – Fitting time – 3-4 hours
Good Mechanical knowledge and a good tool kit!
VAG have used a front mount intercooler design as standard, This intercooler is adequate for cooling non modified vehicles, but as our tests have proven, once even a Basic remapping of the Ecu (stg1 remap) had been carried out, the Intake temperatures had risen to very high levels, which in turn leads to power loss. By fitting a Bigger more efficient Airtec Intercooler the Intake temperatures are kept constantly cooler, keeping your Engine safe and your power to the maximum!
The Airtec Intercooler makes the Charged Air (Intake Temps) cooler so you gain Horse power, its really that simple!
Results taken @ Amd Essex – Running standard map and then remapped with Amd Stage1
TEST RESULTS: Hot side -Into Intercooler from Turbo & Cold side – Out of Intercooler into engine
- Airtec Intercooler standard remap
- Run1 – Hot side 135 degrees C & Cold side26 degrees C
- Run2 – Hot side 128 degrees C & Cold side23 degrees C
- Run3 – Hot side 130 degrees C & Cold side25 degrees C
- AIRTEC Intercooler Amd re-map
- Run1 – Hot side 162 degrees C & Cold side 28 degrees C
- Run2 – Hot side 156 degrees C & Cold side 26 degrees C
- Run3 – Hot side 158 degrees C & Cold side 26 degrees C
The Airtec Intercooler really comes into its own when used on more modified vehicles, even bigger BHP gains could be seen on serious spec car which include, full exhaust, turbo upgrades etc, these modifications put serious strain on the cooling ability of the stock Intercooler, and you could be losing in excess of 30 bhp! Just by keeping you standard Intercooler fitted
- Lower Intake temperatures & Gain BHP!
- Reduced Boost Pressure Drop
- Full Aluminium design
- 60mm bar & plate performance Intercooler core
- Larger than standard Diameter silicon Boost hoses, in a choice of colours
- 1x cnc machined boost pipe joiner
- Moulded end tanks instead of Restrictive Plastic pressed end tanks these can leak
- Full comprehensive step by step fitting Instructions
- No extra Pipe work or additional parts required and more Importantly no cutting to bumper or fog light removal!
- Pressure tested to over 5 bar
- No additional turbo lag will be experienced, due to our flowing end tank design
Airtec Part No:ATINTVAG9